To contribute to improvements in the health of populations in low- to middle-income countries by building public health capacity via e-learning at very low cost.
1. Provide public health education for those working in low- to middle-income countries who would otherwise not be able to access such education, via Internet based e-learning.
2. Utilise a 'social model' of capacity building, with volunteer academic and support staff and open educational resources available through the Internet, using a collaborative approach
and modern information and communication technology.
3. Offer education at the 'train the trainers' benchmarked to the master's degree level, for those with prior educational and occupational experience.
4. Provide education that meets identified competences which help with the evidence based practice of public health and are action oriented, to assist in tackling major health problems
facing the populations in which the students work.
5. Create an educational portfolio including continuing professional development modules and awards of Certificate, Diploma and Master of Public Health.
6. Work with the graduates of the educational programme, and other relevant partner organisations, in teaching, research, implementation of evidence based health policy and advocacy
to improve the health of their populations.